Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Today I Feel....



Slightly stupid.

Navigating the 300+ pages (oops, three hundred-plus, according to Chicago style, in which I must now write) of manuscript with comments and edits in just about every line can wreak havoc with one's psyche. My emotional bank account is a bit low today, anyway, and if I didn't need to have my comments about the comments in asap before we leave on vacation, I'd lay this aside until I had myself under control.

Sigh. But I can't, and came to tears about a few secondary queries after I had returned  the manuscript to Production Team. FYI - it's difficult to type when your nose is running.

Added to the stress this week was the unintended replacement of not one, but two hard drives for my trusty Mac, which now has me treating it like a fragile elderly relative that needs medication. "How can I help you, dear? Would you like a nap, now?"

Vacation beings on Friday, a much-needed trip to Central Oregon and the extended family's cabin at beautiful Mount Hood. Certainly both electronics and humans will receive a recharge.

A good one, one that will allow for fresh outlooks and new ideas on the other side.





No comments:

Post a Comment