Thursday, February 23, 2012

Mapping the Journey and All There is to Do

I've made it (figuratively of course) to Homer after a weeks-long process of writing about the Kenai Peninsula, a very popular section of southcentral Alaska. Between fishing and day cruising and camping and hiking...whew, I'm fried.

"Alaska On the Go..." is titled specifically to include "...Exploring the 49th State With Children" so readers who, like me, might be initially befuddled at the vast selection of activities in Alaska will now have a resource to help them make wise choices, emotionally and financially.

The Kenai Peninsula, in my humble opinion, is one of the best Alaska hotspots to visit with kids. Variety, accessibility, and sheer volume of things to offer children. I might also add that communities like Homer and Seward are beginning to recognize the importance of including entire families in a particular activity or attraction, and implement accordingly.

This is my favorite part about writing; the discovery is daily and the journey is so, so much fun. Is this what they call "passion"?

No comments:

Post a Comment