Thursday, March 22, 2012

Taking the Legacy Plunge: Yes or No?

As I dilligenty type away here at the dining room table, one aspect of this whole journey sticks to my brain like an unwanted wad of silver duct tape: Legacy publish, or self-publish? Print-on-demand, or no?

I had thought my decision was a solid 'go' for self-publishing in ebook form, then printing out copies here and there as I needed, making sure I didn't end up with boxes of unsold books cluttering up my already-cluttered garage.

But on Sunday, during our monthly meeting at a local coffee shop, Editor cleared her throat, looked at me over her glasses, and said, "What would you think about throwing this out there to a few legacy publishers?" Uh, okay?

"We'll need a proposal," she said, pulling out a long list of publishing houses she had researched on my behalf, god bless her.

Good thing I had already completed one from way back when I was first pondering the whole concept of writing a book to begin with.

And "poof!" Off we go down another fork in the road, a different one, now. Wonder what will happen, next.

No comments:

Post a Comment